What Is NORED?
12 Counties - One Voice
Northwest Ohio Regional Economic Development Association (NORED) is a non-profit association of economic development practitioners and partners spanning 12 counties throughout Northwest Ohio. It is a forum for the exchange of information among its members and others aimed at increasing job opportunities and improving the quality of life throughout the region. NORED provides professional development programs for its members, advocates for legislative changes to enhance economic development, and implements programs to market the benefits of locating in Northwest Ohio.
Since 1988 NORED has been assisting the business growth of Northwest Ohio. The charter members of NORED include Defiance, Erie, Fulton, Hancock, Henry, Lucas, Ottawa, Paulding, Sandusky, Seneca, Williams, and Wood Counties. At large board membership also includes private sector and public sector representatives with a stake in the economy of Northwest Ohio. The association has been very effective in developing a unified voice among its members and impacting decisions in Columbus and in Washington D.C.
WHY NORTHWEST OHIO?
Because Northwest Ohio has all the tools to make your business successful in today's global economy.
Your business will be able to thrive not just because of a skilled workforce and high quality of life, but because there is a strong network of existing businesses who actively partner together, benchmark and advocate for each other’s continued success and growth. In addition, the state of Ohio's historic resource-rich workforce and logistics assets with new tax reform and strong incentive packages moves the state to the front of the line when lined up against national rivals.
Invest in Northwest Ohio and enjoy these key benefits:
- Easy access to profitable markets in the U.S. and Canada that lowers your cost of doing business.
- A strong supply chain across key industries improves your efficiencies and profits.
- An abundant, skilled labor supply improves productivity, quality and profit.
- Public-private support eliminates obstacles, lowers cost, accelerates start-up and feeds business growth.
- Ohio's perfect balance between professional and personal life attracts and retains the best talent for your company.