Features & Amenities
- State-of-the-art, redundant fiber optic cable with transmission facilities in close proximity
- Verizon SmartPark
- All utilities in place and underground
- A low-density, campus-like setting with elegant landscaping integrated with natural terrain and flora
- 285 total acres, 150 buildable
- 22 lots with sizes from 3.5 to 13.6 acres (buildable)
- Low-cost ($40,000 per acre)
- Purchase, or build to suit
- Protective covenants
In April of 1998, Governor Angus King signed into law a bill which created the Kennebec Regional Development Authority (KRDA). The KRDA includes 24 municipalities that share representation in the Authority and together support the FirstPark project through shared costs and revenues.
- Inspired by Consortium of Local Businesses, Institutional and Civic Groups
- Economic Development Mission
- Unique Model
- Managed through General Assembly
With more than 65,000 miles of fiber optic cable and 100 percent digital phone switching technology in place, Maine is a telecommunications leader. FirstPark has:
- ISDN service and DS3 digital telephone service available to FirstPark tenants.
- Three-phase power available at the entrance to the park.
- Verizon, Adelphia Communications, Adelphia Business Solutions, VITTS, and other cable companies with fiber optic cabling associated transmission facilities within one mile of the park.
The FirstPark site is adjacent to I-95. Portland and its seaport is within an hour-and-a-half drive. FirstPark is served by international airports in Bangor and Portland, and scheduled commuter service to Boston, Massachusetts is available in Augusta. Corporate and private aircraft can use Waterville's municipal airport only two miles from FirstPark.
- 20 minutes to Augusta Regional Airport (air shuttles to Boston available)
- 50 minutes to Bangor International Airport
- 70 minutes to Portland and Portland Jetport (European access)
- High speed rail service to Boston available from Portland
- Interstate 95 within 1 mile
- 3 hours to Boston
- U.S. Route 201 to Canada within one mile
- 3.5 hours to Quebec
FirstPark has access to many forms of transportation including:
- Two airports within 30 minutes (air shuttles to Boston available)
- Maine's seaports within 60 minutes (European access)
- Bangor International Airport within 60 minutes
- Interstate 95 within one mile
- State Highway 201 to Canada within four miles