Welcome to the Findlay•Hancock County Alliance and the Northwest Ohio region! The Findlay•Hancock County Alliance is a unique combination of the best practices and focused efforts of some of our community’s greatest resources including the the Findlay•Hancock County Chamber of Commerce, Findlay•Hancock County Economic Development and the Findlay•Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau. In fact, the Alliance is the centerpiece for private-public cooperation, a value that sets our community apart from all others. Bound by that cooperative spirit, the Findlay/Hancock County region enjoys a tremendous quality of life, abundant job opportunities, unparalleled educational resources and a commitment to high-quality, low cost health care for our citizens.
Economic Development office is part of a unique partnership bringing growth and prosperity to the Findlay•Hancock County region. Through a strong economic development focus based on business retention, expansion and recruitment, they have helped position our community among the best micropolitan communities in the United States. That is why 17 Fortune 500 companies selected the Findlay•Hancock County region. Superior telecommunications connectivity, direct access to the I-75 corridor, low-cost utilities, and a proven record of economic development growth are what bring growth and prosperity to our community.
Seventeen high-profile Fortune 500 companies have chosen Findlay•Hancock County for the many benefits of this dynamic micropolitan city. Fortune 500 companies headquartered here include Marathon Petroleum Company LLC and Cooper Tire and Rubber Company. Whirlpool Corporation and Cardinal Health also have significant operations in Findlay. A vibrant office, manufacturing and distribution center of Northwest Ohio, Findlay is truly an international business center. In addition to the many U.S. based companies, seven Japanese companies, two Canadian firms, and three German enterprises are located in our world-class business and industrial parks. Foreign Trade Zone 151 offers advantages to companies operating throughout the world and creates a diverse business culture that enhances this historic community. Here are some reasons why these companies chose us:
- Superior telecommunications connectivity, one of the best wired cities in Ohio
- Excellent transportation; access from I-75 and the Ohio Turnpike (I-80/90); Norfolk/Southern and CSX rail service
- A proactive cooperative and innovative record of economic development growth
- U.S. Foreign Trade Zone 151 benefits companies that operate internationally, engaged in the import and export of goods
- Strategic national and global entrepreneurial support for technology and business enhancement
- One of the most affordable and respected health care systems in Ohio, for over 100 years
- Low tax burden due to managed growth
- Low utility cost = Low operating cost
- Access to 300,000 potential workers